Summary of Responsibilities
The Software QA Testing role is responsible for working with the development team and product management to lead and continually advance the definition and execution of the QA process to ensure applications satisfy the high quality demanded in the domain of situational awareness and life-safety. With a thorough understanding of SDLC, AGILE methodologies and testing best practices, the QA Lead creates and maintains test plans and scripts, and carries out testing efforts both manually and using automated test tools to validate the software.
- Define and grow the QA Processes and Methodologies
- Implement and execute QA testing techniques
- Create, maintain and execute test plans, cases and test scripts (manual and automated)
- Define and record QA metrics to ensure quality of deliverables
- Serve as the Quality Champion of the organization
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience testing software full-time using Waterfall or Agile Methodologies
- Adept at requirements validation and prolific at creation of test plans, cases and scripts from requirements and design documents
- Experienced in the types of testing (e.g. Regression), techniques and practices.
- Prolific and effective author of test artifacts: Test Plan, Test Cases and Bug Reports
- Significant experience working with Databases, Web Applications and generic serial/socket interfaces
- Experience with Test Automation and scripting languages like ruby, python or PowerShell is a plus.
- Able to lead meetings to define and evolve the QA Process
- Development background is a plus
- JIRA experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Process-oriented and proven record of process initiatives and innovations in testing
- Self-starter and strong team player
- Two or four-year technical degree