Amzur Technologies, Inc. is seeking an energetic leader to work collaboratively with technical leads to prepare winning proposals and presentations. The Marketing/Proposal Specialist will work in collaboration with the sales development and operations team on pursuits, including partnering in the preparation of formal and informal client solicitations, including expressions of interest (EOI), requests for qualifications (RFQ), requests for proposals (RFP), and pre-qualification efforts.
The ideal candidate is equal parts creative and organized and possesses project management, writing, and page layout skills. He/she is skilled in working with a team to formulate a pursuit’s strategic messages. A successful Marketing/Proposal Specialist has leadership qualities and demonstrates a collaborative mindset, superior communication skills, problem solving ability, organizational skills, and transparency. He/she is a strategic thinker and pushes the status quo for continuous improvement.
Within a given day, they may work on facilitating kick off meetings to define expectations post lead conversion into appointment; identify tasks, assign responsibilities, and develop and manage adherence to proposal schedule. They will work with marketing, sales, and delivery teams to develop strategy and win themes. They may schedule meetings with clients and facilitate proposal review meetings. This role requires extensive experience IT software development or SaaS project management and proposal documentation.
Amzur’s mission is one of mutual success. As a trusted IT partner at every stage in the digital transformation lifecycle, we deliver holistic talent strategy, customer-centric consulting services, and a logical path forward for our clients. Based in Tampa, Florida, with a workforce of 300 across two continents, Amzur offers technology services ranging from distributed energy resource (DER) consultation to NetSuite enterprise resource planning (ERP) implementation at a size and scale that provide optimal flexibility. At Amzur, we have a mighty marketing team, composed of talented individuals with a vision for success.
Note: This is a remote position. If you are in the Tampa Bay or Viza, India area, post-pandemic, a hybrid schedule may be implemented to align with the business demand. This position must work US East Coast hours.
Top 7 Skills We Are Looking For
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to focus on details and on the big picture.
- Organizational conceptual thinking skills.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Time management skills; ability to manage, organize, and prioritize project assignments to meet competing deadlines.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and document organization skills.
They will manage proposal development efforts with responsibilities including but not limited to:
Primary Job Functions
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the company’s philosophy and policies.
- Demonstrates substantial expertise as a marketing and proposal management generalist or specialist.
- Possesses thorough job knowledge and is competent in all aspects of the job.
- Performs advanced assignments requiring independent decisions and resolves problems using an exceptional degree of ingenuity.
- Under limited supervision or general direction, completed work is reviewed for desired results.
- Interfaces with technical and sales development team to develop custom decks, submittals and materials to win new contracts for the company, and to manage the information infrastructure that enables the business to do so efficiently.
- Provides leadership and direction to pursuit teams for proposals, including schedule, templates, compliance, content planning, messaging, and production.
- Responsible for leading a variety of proposals and presentations from pre-RFP positioning through to interview stage, as required.
- Provides document design, while ensuring RFP instructions and internal brand guidelines pertaining to format, fonts, etc. are being followed.
- Participates in go/no-go and greenlight analyses, capture planning and positioning activities as they pertain to preparation for the proposal.
- Manages the implementation of proposal and presentation revisions based on direction from review teams.
- Writes and edits tailored decks and past performance sections for proposals.
- Provides grammatical and technical editing to ensure quality.
- Facilitate kick off meetings that define expectations.
- Identify tasks, assign responsibilities, and develop and manage adherence to proposal schedules.
- Facilitate strategy discussion and collaborate with the team to develop strategy and win themes.
- Schedule and facilitate proposal review meetings.
- Develop page layout and manage proposal documents.
- Lead the team in the development of visual and written content for proposals; draft and/or edit proposal narrative as necessary.
- Communicate and coordinate status with the sales and marketing teams.
- Supports special projects, as required.
- Education: BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Mass Communications, English Lit, Industrial Engineering, IT, Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
- 3-5 years experience of similar position
- MBA is a plus
- Needs to be able to work US East Coast hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in American English
- Familiarity with APA writing style
- Passionate and knowledgeable about technology, forward-thinking products/services, and sales development
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment with a high level of teamwork
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency for executing strategic plans and achieving product revenue goals
- Ability to ask the right questions at the right time and intently listen to our customers’ needs.
- Fluent in Google Applications
- Working knowledge of Hubspot, NetSuite CRM
- Decision Making
- Business Acumen
- Initiative and problem solving
- Client Focus
- Value Driven
- Team Player
- Building Partnerships
- Planning and Organizing
- Driving for Results
- Teamwork & Collaboration